The Go Berkey™ Kit is the designed for backpacking, hiking, camping, college students, world travel (business or vacation), on your desk at work or hundreds of other activities. The generic Sport Berkey™ portable water filter bottle is perfect for when you are out on the trail and the Go Berkey™ system works great for passive purification back at the campsite, lodge, etc. The generic Sport Berkey™ portable water filter bottle can also be used to prime the Black Berkey™ Purification Element when water pressure isn’t available.
As with all our water purification systems, the Go Berkey™ Kit is a must during unexpected emergencies. This powerful system purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best. Perfect for outdoor activities and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available.
The Go Berkey™ system removes viruses, pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites entirely and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes. It also reduces unhealthy heavy metals such as lead and mercury. This system is so powerful it can remove red food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs. Virtually no other system can duplicate this performance.
Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel the Go Berkey™ Kit comes complete with one Black Berkey™ Purification Element, one generic Sport Berkey™ portable water filter bottle and a vinyl carry case This system has a storage capacity of about 1 quart (.95 liters) and when in use it stands 14” in height with a diameter of 4”. The upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 10” in height. Weighing a mere 2.4 pounds the Go Berkey™ Kit is lightweight, easily transportable and perfect for active people on the go.
Configured with one Black Berkey™ Purification Element the system will purify up to 1 Gallon (3.8 liters) per hour; that’s 24 gallons per day if the system is refilled continuously.*
Please Note: Due to the outdoor use of this system, the Berkey PF-2™ Post Reduction element is typically not necessary, nor do they fit within the Go Berkey™ system.
The Berkey shower water filter contains a patented high purity blend of zinc, calcium and copper which are most effective in reducing free chlorine , dirt and odors
KDF process media also kill bacteria and inhibit the growth of bacteria, algae, and fungi. As an added benefit our filter media is completely safe, so the process is not toxic and does not cause any adverse side effects.
Chlorine Vapor in the Shower
In the shower environment, chlorine can either be in liquid or gas state. At higher water temperatures in the enclosed shower stall, free-chlorine moves from the liquid to the gas state, where it vaporizes and subsequently is inhaled. The United States regulates each water filter for shower use, and all shower filters must flow at 2.5 gallons of water per minute. Thus, the science behind shower head water filtering must take into account the unique situation in the shower, including temperature, flow rate and volume. Berkey understands this process and took all of these factors into account while developing our unique shower water filters.
The Berkey Shower Filter works on a similar principle to a catalytic converter in an automobile. Inside the shower filter, free chlorine is converted into a harmless chloride. The scientific name for this chemical reaction taking place inside the Berkey shower filter is known as “Reduction-Oxidation,” commonly referred to as Redox. Redox reactions can be chemically complex. Simply stated, during a Redox reaction electrons are transferred between molecules, creating new elements. For instance, when free chlorine comes in contact with the Berkey filtration media, it is changed into a benign, water-soluble chloride. This reaction changes free-chlorine to a larger chloride element, too large to evaporate or be absorbed by the skin. Hospitals, restaurants, municipal water treatment facilities, and homes rely on this same process media to safely reduce or remove free chlorine, iron, iron oxides, hydrogen sulfide and bacteria from their water.
Berkey KDF process granules are high-purity copper-zinc formulations that are used in shower filter applications to reduce iron, iron oxide, hydrogen sulfide, microorganisms, and scale. Shower water filtered through redox media controls microorganism growth and reduces bacteria and other microorganisms by electron transport, causing cellular damage. Inside the Berkey filter the KDF process also kill bacteria by direct electrochemical contact and by the flash formation of hydroxyl radicals and hydrogen peroxide, both of which interfere with a microorganism’s ability to function. High-purity copper-zinc redox media consistently remove 99% of free chlorine by electrochemically reducing dissolved chlorine gas to water-soluble chloride ions.
When pressurized shower water is filtered through the Berkey KDF filter media, soluble lead cations are reduced to insoluble lead atoms, which are electroplated onto the surface of the filter.
Features of Berkey Water Filter Systems:
- Effective in both hot and cold water
- Reduces up to 95% of chlorine
- Reduces chemical absorption and vapor inhalation in the shower environment.
- Reduces the levels of hydrogen sulfide, iron, and iron oxide
- Contains bacteriostatic media (KDF-55)
- Reduces damage to hair and skin
- Eliminates foul tastes and odors
- Back Flush Attachment to prevent premature clogging
- Reduces lime, scale, mold and fungi in shower stalls
- Includes Massage Shower Head
All dual media KDF Berkey shower filters purchased typically last 25,000 gallons before needing replacement or one year whichever comes first, in which case you would need to shop for and buy another one online.
The Berkey MP Solar Charger™ – your environmental friendly source of free electricity from the sun. This portable system is book-size when folded and can easily be placed in a briefcase, handbag or glove compartment. The built-in battery cabin containing six rechargeable batteries provides for a flexible and convenient source of auxiliary backup power at night or whenever sunlight is not available.
The Berkey MP Solar Charger™ is designed for use in conjunction with the Berkey Light™ LED Base. The Berkey® LED lamps are unique because incredibly, they have an average life of more than 11 years of continuous use and are so bright they can be spotted for over a mile in the dark yet, they require very small amounts of energy. The LED technology is more expensive than traditional light bulbs but it is worth every penny because the low energy LED’s can save hundreds of dollars in replacement batteries alone. The Berkey MP Solar Charger™ can be used during the day to recharge the Berkey Base™ LED Base. batteries for later use at night. It also has its own internal batteries, which can be used to power The Berkey Light™ LED Base..
The Berkey MP Solar Charger™ can also be used to power a countless number of other applications, including mobile phones, disc (cassette) players, digital cameras, PDA’s, radios, shavers, etc. Not recommended for charging laptop batteries. Its multi-voltage capabilities (6V, 7.2V and 12V), multiple adapters and six powerful Nickel Metal Hydride rechargeable batteries provide for a flexible and convenient source of auxiliary backup power at night or whenever sunlight is not available.
The Berkey MP Solar Charger™ is easy to use. Simply place the Berkey MP Solar Charger™ in a sunny location, select the proper voltage, plug in your application and the Berkey MP Solar Charger™ begins charging. The built-in indicator light confirms the application is charging.
Disconnect your application and the system automatically begins charging its own powerful Nickel Metal Hydride rechargeable batteries and & there’s no guesswork because the “battery full” indicator light turns on when the batteries are fully charged. Simply plug your application into the outlet jack and your instant backup power source is ready for use.
1) Batteries degrade when they become overheated. When charging the Berkey Light™ LED Base or any other application that has rechargeable batteries, if possible, it is strongly recommended that the application (such as the Berkey Light™ LED Base) be placed in a shady area to prevent the rechargeable batteries from overheating.
2) To prevent the rechargeable batteries within the Berkey MP Solar Charger™ from overheating, it is recommended that they be charged no longer than 4-6 hours at a time.
Berkey® Systems are a Must for emergencies and are virtually the most powerful and economical systems for Everyday Use. Now you can enjoy practically the Most Delicious, Freshest, Healthiestdrinking water possible for pennies a day… Berkey® Systems are the World’s Most Powerful and Cost Effective Personal Water purification Systems Providing Reliable and User-friendly Water Purification in Both Normal and Hostile Filtration Environments. Moreover, Berkey® systems are capable of purifying both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best. So powerful, this system is able to remove red food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs. Perfect for everyday use and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available. Berkey® Natural Purification Systems are the ultimate in water purification and the ideal personal protection and traveling companions. Used worldwide for normal, hostile and emergency environments to provide the purest, sparkling clean water possible… For generations, health-conscious people around the world have recognized that the foundation to a healthy life and healthy body is clean, fresh drinking water. This important essential molecule is the basis for enjoying your longest, healthiest life. No amount of vitamins or supplements can substitute for the vital life-sustaining properties found in nourishing, healthful drinking water. It is truly the foundation of life. Unfortunately, securing your access to good tasting, sparkling, wholesome drinking water can be harder than you might expect. Water is often laced with chlorine, lead, high levels of harmful bacteria and other unwanted chemicals and contaminants. Frequently these produce unpleasant tastes and odors. Even bottled water can contain these same contaminants and moreover it is very expensive. Other filtration systems are inferior. Most do not remove viruses or bacteria and many remove the beneficial minerals that your body needs. Perhaps that’s why Berkey® systems have long been recognized as the world’s ultimate in water purification. This simple, highly effective method of using gravity was developed almost 200 years ago…yet it still produces some of the finest, most healthful drinking water available.
How Berkey® Natural Water Purifiers Operate
To use, water is poured into the upper chamber. Gravity draws this water through the exclusive purification elements where contaminates are captured on and within theses micro-porous elements and are separated from the water. The purified water then collects in the lower chamber where it can be drawn through the spigot. What’s more, Berkey® elements are cleanable and can be used over and over again.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
* HEALTHY – Berkey® systems are far superior to other filtration systems because they remove viruses, harmful pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites as well as unhealthy chemical contaminates and impurities while leaving in the essential minerals your body needs. Berkey® systems produce virtually the most healthful, clean and delicious water available. * CONVENIENT – Berkey® systems assemble in minutes without tools, electricity, water pressure or plumbing. What’s more, they are simple to operate and maintain. * ECONOMICAL – Berkey® systems are easily the most economical water purification system you can own. Their unique design allows you to easily remove and clean the purification elements over and over again. * POWERFUL – Berkey® systems can easily purify ordinary tap water, yet are so powerful, they efficiently purify raw, untreated water from such sources as remote lakes and streams. What’s more, Berkey® systems are the ideal water purification systems to have on hand in the event of natural disasters such as blackouts, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes as well as local or national emergencies when treated tap water may not be available. * FLEXIBLE – Berkey® systems are so convenient and easy to use, you can take them anywhere: on vacations, hunting and camping trips, college dorms and they are ideal systems for RVs and pleasure craft. * ELEGANT – The elegant high-grade polished 304 stainless steel design makesBerkey® systems an attractive addition to any kitchen or home yet each system is both rugged and durable. * PROVEN HISTORY – The same high quality and effectiveness of the gravity filtration process, that is utilized in Berkey® systems, has stood the test of time. Gravity filtration has been used by relief organizations such as UNICEF, the Peace Corps, Red Cross Societies Internationally, missionaries and relief workers in over 140 countries throughout the world.
Good All-Purpose Design
Brand New Features